Monday, September 24, 2007

2nd Anniversary and Birthday!!

Hey there!

Today is an especially blue Monday. Rainy day + first day of the week syndrome + Hangover from a really exciting weekend!

Well for one.. Its been 2 years since I started writing my blog. My first blog was just a few days after my 21st birthday, September 22nd 2005, I am proud of it .. its still alive and kicking with 33 posts.. I dunno if people read it but it still survives on my excitement and cranky mood swings!

So other than the 2nd anniversary for my blog, day before yesterday was MY 23rd anniversary (i.e. birthday)!

Well, Friday night I had odissy class as usual, went home and hit the bed, it had been a very tiring day! Well at 12, among the calls I got wishing me was Bhav’s. “Happy Birthday. Could you open the door?” I was sleeping in the hall with the windows open and realized I smelt smoke. Awww.. I thought as I opened the door and saw her with a cake and candles all lit. So she had a chance for solo performance as she sang the birthday song and I blew the candles. I was so touched.

The rest of Saturday was pretty normal. Spent time mostly with my family. We had a nice family dinner and did the usual temple stuff. Met Div at North point. And we had our usual small talk, cursed a few guys for being mean and insensible (our usual venting session), had some nice ice cream at Swenson’s. A nice evening meet.

Sunday Evening, Anita (dance friend) had called me home for “birthday lunch”. I went over, and everything seemed normal till Anita got “the call” when, well I guessed it a bit. So sorry guys..hehehe.. And then when I saw the quantity she had cooked my doubt confirmed itself. Heheheh.. But well, when the door bell rang and I opened the door to a group of excited dance mates and an enticing cake I was very very touched. There was all the usual hugging and the wishing and gossiping and eating. It was super duper fun. Thanks anita, aruna, kalai, bhav, devi ma, mal and serena!!!

Overall, awesome birthday weekend.

Loves in Loads!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grrr why is my call not included in ur post?? GRRR. podi vengayam